Modeling & Simulation Services Manager
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 219295
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Livonia
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
- Provide engineering consulting and problem solving for automotive and industrial machinery customers using model-based control systems engineering.
- Architect Digital Twin solutions by understanding customer requirements for the design, analysis and testing of complex mechatronic systems.
- Lead and mentor the team to develop and implement control algorithm models to satisfy the functional requirements related to domain specific attributes for energy consumption, operator comfort and safety, NVH and operational performance efficiency.
- Develop new advanced control techniques such as Machine Learning, Kalman Filtering and Model-Predictive Control.
- Interact directly with the customers to present insights into the design and discuss solutions with customers and other stakeholders.
- Prepare project plans, plan and forecast resource utilization in addition to providing technical guidance to junior engineers.
- Provide business and technical feedback to business development and project management teams.
- Setting and monitoring goals, providing technical and business guidance to team members
- Demonstrable Expertise in control algorithm and software modeling and testing for machines using tools such as MATLAB/Simulink, Amesim and automatic code generators.
- Demonstrable experience in automotive design tools and processes that enable and support Model Based Design and Engineering activities.
- Demonstrable experience in working with cross-functional teams and delivering outstanding results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Amount of travel for the position expected to not exceed 10%
- Experience with Autonomous systems, Big Data, Data Analytics and Machine Learning is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in automotive design tools and processes that enable and support model based engineering activities.
- Participating in HR review process and providing feedback to team members
- Mastery of control algorithm modeling, verification & validation and code generation with MathWorks tools is a plus.
- Siemens Digital Twin - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hNVMsf2K54
- Machine Learning - https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/The-Big-Data-Blog/Why-Machine-Learning/ba-p/411689
- Engineering Services - https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en/products/lms/engineering/index.shtml
- Global Industry Leaders: Customer success stories playlist - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGcc90DixoA&list=PL1m1vu8_quoCMZ6ePDVnoPIwIJKFV8pc0
- Control Systems - https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en/products/lms/engineering/controls/index.shtml