HVAC Controls Techician II
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 219365
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Performs job start up, checkout, and troubleshooting for assigned projects. Provides guidance to contractors at the assigned level of responsibility.
- Perform End-to-End verification of I/O.
· Perform configuration, optimization, and troubleshooting of systems.
· Perform complex network setup and troubleshooting (IP, RS-485, etc.)
· Implement complex graphical user interface (GUI).
· Support Third Party Commissioning efforts.
- Perform wiring checkout and automation start-ups using provided software and tools.
- Complete adjustments and calibrations and submits commissioning reports on automation systems.
- Complete programming of typical systems.
- Participate in technical review of system design and documentation.
- Setup and Configure PC workstations, user interfaces, IP networking devices.
- Provide operator training of installed systems and functionality.
- Perform high level BAS software and hardware troubleshooting.
- Effective management of time.
- Maintain detailed and accurate documentation.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum: HS Diploma with relevant experience.
- Required amount of travel: 10-20%
- Required knowledge/skills:
- Thorough understanding of Low Voltage Control Systems and Electromechanical Devices
- Thorough understanding of Mechanical Systems
- Comfort in a Construction Environment
- Thorough understanding of IP Networking
- Ability to adapt quickly to new software and interfaces.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferred: 2 or 4 year degree; 5 years BAS field experience
- Preferred knowledge/skills:
- Control Design and Review
- Previous Experience with Projects (Scope/Size/Type)
- CCNA/CCIE or similar Networking Certification
- Java and Scripting
- Troubleshooting RS-485 Networks
- Graphic Design and Editing
- Generating Mechanical System RFIs