Fire Alarm Installation Technician - Commercial Fire Alarms - Boston, MA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 219436
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Canton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens Building Technologies is growing in Eastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Join our Fire Alarm Installation Team, and while you’re working for an entrepreneurial global company, you will enhance your long-term career path. We offer exceptional benefits, including a matching 401K retirement plan. We are currently searching for a Field Service & Installation Technician with a background installing and expanding commercial Fire Alarm Systems. The Field Service & Installation Technician is based out of our Canton, MA office and supports customers in Greater Boston and Rhode Island markets.
• Provides technical service to customer's Fire Alarm systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
• Coordinates with contractors in the process of installing systems.
• Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
• Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.
• Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
• Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues.
• Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
• Participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules on a team rotational basis.
• Associates Degree preferred, although candidates with a combination of education (a High School Diploma or GED Equivalency is a minimum requirement) and related field experience will also be considered
• Must have prior experience with the installation and maintenance of Fire Alarm Systems, Electrician experience desired.
• Strong customer service skills; good verbal and written communications skills; skilled in common PC applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
• Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
• A Massachusetts Journeyman's Electrical License desired, however, candidates with Fire Alarm Technician experience who are pursuing their license will also be considered.
• Individual must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing.
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
• Competitive compensation and paid days off (holiday & personal time)
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Extensive product training and career development
We aim to hire individuals with high potential and assist them with their career development. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave. Come advance your career with Siemens!