Production Worker 2 - 2nd Shift
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 219506
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Employee will performs a wide variety of routine manufacturing functions in one or more of the following areas:
• Electronic or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies
• Set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies
• Manufacturing equipment operation. Weigh, measure and check raw materials to ensure that batches manufactured contain proper ingredients in proper quantities
• Performs incoming, raw material and final mfg inspection and/or audits of quality control programs
• Set up, mix, receive, store and deliver and dispense production chemicals
• Assists with routine repair and retest products
• May assist with rework on assemblies and/or systems as a result of testing.
• Assists with in-process tests (such as hardness, weight, variation, pH and moisture content) to ensure that batches meet specifications.
• Assists in resolving routine manufacturing related problems affecting daily operations
• May provide general guidance to others and train lower level employees.
• Frequent inter-organizational and external contacts
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Electromechanical assembly experience
• GED or High School Diploma
• Computer Skills Including Microsoft Office
• 5+ years experience
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Lean Manufacturing
• FDA exposure