Division: Digital Factory Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM Requisition Number: 219531 Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress Assignment Category: Full-time regular Experience Level: Entry level Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
The CAD Software Engineer will work with other team members on developing and maintaining NX which is a high-end CAD software. Any project or maintenance work will have a direct impact to our customers. This junior level position is expected to own technical areas independently and surpass customer expectations by achieving high quality and on time delivery after an intensive training process. This position will report to the Leader of the Architecture team in Part Modeling/Core who is a Software Engineering Manager.
• Design, implement, enhance and maintain CAD Modeling software with emphasis on feature modeling architecture and inter-part operations.
• Responsible for requirements definition, analysis, design, coding/documentation and quality assurance.
• Develop projects with efficient algorithms and state-of-the-art user interface in a large high-end CAD software system environment.
• Apply strong geometric skills to the development of CAD.
• Employ a mastery of linear algebra concepts including matrix mathematics to solve engineering problems.
• Utilize object-oriented / structured programming techniques and other software engineering practices to ensure that the product is high quality and the architecture is maintainable and expandable.
• Contribute as a team member in setting future directions in the geometric modeling area.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a closely related field and 2-3 years of experience in the algorithmic aspects of a Surface/Solid Modeler is desired OR;
• MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a closely related field and 0-2 years of experience in the algorithmic aspects of a Surface/Solid Modeler is desired.
• Fluent in C/C++ programming languages.
• Conversant with modern software engineering methodologies.
• Good problem-solving and decision making skills
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to produce quality work under pressure. Goal orientation.
• Self-motivated and willing to take on responsibility.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Knowledge of CAD APIs like Parasolid is a significant plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,