Senior Fire Alarm Inspector - Fire Service - Las Vegas NV
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 219565
Primary Location: United States-Nevada-Las Vegas
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
Coordinates, manages implements and performs inspections for new equipment installation, post-installed and/or third-party equipment.
Implements a solution on inspection repairs for Commercial Fire & Life Safety Systems as well as Security/Access control systems that may or may not be integrated into the Life Safety Systems.
Tests life safety systems and provides clear and timely documentation on the results.
Serves on-call at least once a month to respond within a two-hour window to the service need requested by the fire (and possibly security) team.
Performs semi-complex equipment installation; installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and panels, (fastening in place with screws or bolts using hand tools and power tools) as needed per inspection findings.
Creates connections to various sensors and electrically powered devices; validates connections to power source, terminates wiring, mounts parts, and tests connections.
Participates in the verification of point database and ensures that programming operations are consistent with scope of inspection for the intended integration and sequence; backs up data (if required) to data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; resolves routine inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support when needed; resolves issues; refers complex matters to supervisor as needed.
Provides support for the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate inspection services as needed; participates in the coordination of schedules for proprietary service internally to the coordinators and customer.
Assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings if needed.
- Required education: High School Diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Two years of experience in service, installation, inspections, sales or management in the fire alarm industry.
- Required travel: 15%
- Other requirements:
- Must have working knowledge of fire alarm panels, devices, and auxiliary outputs. Strong working knowledge of life safety and local and national NFPA codes.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- F card or ability to obtain one within 90 of start to retain position.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings. Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends and holidays as well as alternative shifts or work nights when required.
- Must have excellent communications skills (written and verbal) in English, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
Preferred education: AC/DC or Electronics schooling
Joint Commission fluency.
NICET II certification in fire alarm systems