Sales Executive - Building Automation Service - Orange County, CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 219627
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Do you have the drive and aptitude to sell services for a global engineering powerhouse that makes communities around the world more sustainable, healthy, and efficient? If a sustainable world matters to you and you are up for the challenge of learning about our industry, then you should consider our Sales Executive opportunity in Cypress.
This Sales Executive role manages, grows, and develops accounts within the Building Automation Service, Mechanical Services, and Electrical Services businesses covering Cypress and other nearby areas in California. Reporting to the Cypress Branch Sales Manager, this role will sell to customers in all vertical markets in the territory.
You will be placed in a developmental role focusing on Siemens Building Technologies core offerings of hardware upgrades and software user interface upgrades. The role will entail being trained to assess, estimate, and scope projects. The role will transition into an outside sales position with defined book of Siemens customers.
• Develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities for assigned customers and territory.
• Team sells with other Salespeople as appropriate.
• Effectively performs needs assessments, develops sales proposals, estimates, specifications and presentations.
• Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
• Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion.
• Ensures a smooth sales-to-operations turnover and monitors progress.
• Assists in resolving installation, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
• Assists customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly.
• Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
• Participates in civic and professional organizations, and sales department meetings, workshops and seminars.
• Keeps current on market business and product trends.
• Continues to pursue in-depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
• Prepares annual technology roadmap for each accounts managed. Team sells with solutions sales reps.
• Develops and builds long-term relationships to expand the value of assigned accounts for all Siemens Building Technologies offerings.
• Primary point of contact with end-user.
• Drives/coordinates new business across all product lines to meet objectives with a focus on customer retention and satisfaction/loyalty.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Required education: High School diploma, CHSPE, or state-accredited GED.
• Required experience: Demonstrable aptitude to sell an offering with a sales cycle and relationship management responsibility similar to/relevant to the type of service offerings we provide to our customers. Minimum of three years in an outside sales role is required.
• Required travel: 5%
• Other Requirements:
o Requires technical and financial expertise with an aptitude to learn and competently use company estimating tools as well as gain an understanding of value engineering, related contractual concepts, and financial acumen.
o Proficient written and verbal communication in English.
o Must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
o Must have a driver’s license in good standing.
o Must be able to work in the U.S. without the current or future need for work sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or other relevant field preferred.
• Preferred experience: success in sales.