Project Manager - Fire Service - Hayward CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 219652
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
As a Project Manager of Building Technologies you are responsible for the technical and commercial success of the projects in your portfolio, as well as for customer satisfaction. You will supervise Siemens resources and third-party subcontracted resources on a daily basis. Ideally, you are involved from the project bid phase right through customer acceptance and handover to warranty and service.
· Work intensively with the Program Management Team to plan, schedule, and execute your projects adequately to comply with customer program milestones and deadlines.
· Identify and manage risks in your projects, and escalate risks to program management wherever a risk is likely to negatively impact a key project milestone or budget.
· Manage the KPIs in your project portfolio including Forecasted Costs, Planned Costs, Actual Costs, Cost Variances, Schedule Variance, Cost to Complete, Cash-Flow, Billing, and Revenue.
· Manage the contractual components of your project portfolio including Scope, Schedule, Change Orders, and Risk and Opportunity.
· Manage stakeholder expectations, and proactively communicate between all stakeholders to ensure all parties are aligned and all issues and conflicts are resolved.
· Document all key meetings, important decisions, changes in scope, and dependencies on other trades which impacts Siemens progress.
· Create Monthly Status Reporting and Management Level Reporting for projects in your portfolio.
· Coordinate procurement and logistics of materials and labor for timely delivery in line with project execution.
· Manage responsibilities related to safety requirements and quality assurance for projects in your portfolio.
· Ensure full-time attendance between project site(s) and project work in office. (Unscheduled time off requires 48-hours advanced notification unless it is absolutely unavoidable; Pre-planned vacation days must be provided at the start of the project and advanced notification provided to the Operations Manager.)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
· Required travel: 10%
· Required experience: Five years of experience working with commercial fire alarm systems integration.
· Other requirements:
o Experience and knowledge of General Terms and Conditions utilized in construction contracts.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
o Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
o Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
o Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
o Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Preferred education: NICET, Level 2, in Fire Alarm Systems