Financial Project Manager- Rail Transport
Business Unit: Urban Transport
Requisition Number: 219693
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
Siemens Rolling Stock Commuter Rail Business is seeking a professional Senior Commercial Project Manager with a proven track record of managing complex projects.
The Senior Commercial Project Manager will be responsible for the execution of a large complex project for the Commuter Rail Business. The Senior Commercial Project Manager is responsible for commercial project execution during phases including planning, design, procurement, manufacturing, commissioning and customer acceptance. Duties include liasing with operational departments to ensure Order Income Calculation is achieved, while meeting goals for customer satisfaction, cost, schedule and quality. The Commercial Project Manager is the supporting function to the Project Manager for all aspects of the project.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Profit & loss for assigned projects.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential problems and devise contingency plans from a cost perspective.
- Monitor and control project scope, schedule, budget, risks and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Support PM with development and delivery of monthly project reports, customer progress reports, customer change proposals and presentations to management, as well as internal / external customers.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Support with identifying and resolving issues / conflicts within the project team.
- Support customer sales channel activities.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge in field of specialization or multiple disciplines to the successful completion of complex assignments.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advance degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experiences
- Senior Commercial Project Manager Certification preferred, or equivalent
- Work experience in related field 10+ years, and 3+ years Rolling Stock experience preferred
- Amount of travel with the position - +/- 15%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Rolling Stock Industry preferred 3+ years
- Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable