Computer Hardware Repair Technician - Troy, MI
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 219820
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Troy
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
As part of the Test customer support team, plan and execute calibration and repair tasks for customers with hardware maintenance contracts, calibration contracts, and/or paid repair contracts in North America.
• Individual will be responsible to manage the contents of the hardware service kit in North America, and maintain an accurate record of the inventory.
• They will coordinate repairs of components with Siemens Instruments in Breda, and also offer technical support to the Siemens North America team for SCADAS hardware.
• Technical skills required encompass knowledge of analog and digital electronics (components), reading electronic diagrams, repair skills (analytical), soldering skills (electronic components smd style), use of T&M (Test & Measurement) equipment (Scope, DVM etc.), mechanical skills, and problem solving skills.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Associate's or Technical 2-year degree related to Electronic Hardware Repair or Calibration
• 3-5 years of experience in electronic hardware repair and/or calibration
• Willing to travel at least 40% in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico
• Ability to travel internationality – holder of a valid passport
• Strong command of English with good oral and written communication skills
• Must be proficient in the use of MS Windows and Office Applications
• Knowledge of Analog and Digital electronics (components)
• Reading electronic diagrams
• Repair skills (analytical)
• Soldering skills (electronic components smd style)
• How to use T&M (Test & Measurement) equipment (Scope, DVM etc.)
• Mechanical skills (mainframe related)
• Problem solving skills (application)
• Quality awareness
• Customer oriented
• Team player
• Time & priority management
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States