Technical Business Development Manager - Mobile Applications
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 219835
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us.
Mobility goes digital. The Mobility Division is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers value-added that is unique, and not only in our industry. We call this Ingenuity for Life.
As part of the integration of a recent investment into a leading company in the area of Mobility as a Service, we are seeking a Technical Business Development Manager for Mobile Applications. In this role, you will craft and implement national and international sales, business development, and marketing plans for a comprehensive suite of products that digitize transit passes, tickets and fare media in a variety of innovative ways.
Ideal candidates will have sold computer based technology solutions in the public sector (schools, municipalities, etc.). Siemens Intermodal Mobility Solutions is part of the Siemens Corporation. As such, this role should have the ability to liaise and align with key players in Siemens Corporation in order to best support the growth of the business.
Purchase of these fare products by transit riders is simple and instantaneous by means of web-based and smartphone-based purchasing experiences. Transit agencies are then provided with powerful fare validation solutions and cloud-based access to a complete back office portal to manage and report on their operation. Pioneer the mobile ticketing technology effort!
Cultivate new business relationships with potential and existing clients and partners worldwide - this includes system integrators, financial processing hardware and software vendors.
Mentor and lead Sales Department. Assist in team member’s professional development.
- Develop sales projections for regions.
- Drive prospects through to contract award (including identifying new customers and markets, developing approaches to the market, identifying prospects, proposal preparation, etc.)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- The position in based out of NYC, Siemens Mobility U.S. Headquarters. The position involves frequent travel, both national and international. Assume 60-80% travel time.
- Applicants must have a strong background in the Public Sector and/or Mobile Solutions, SaaS platforms, payment systems.
- Applicants must have both a solid understanding of customer’s business and technical requirements and the ability to speak to them. Counterparts can be customer’s CEO, CFO, CTO, or similar positions.
- Applicants should also have a strong background in handling public procurement RFP processes.
- You will work in close cooperation with Sales Management and CTO.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment.