Product Engineer 2
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 219951
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
· Must be willing to work occasional weekend days as business needs require.
· Evaluates designs and proposes revisions to improve manufacturability.
· Evaluate the manufacturing processes for opportunities in productivity gains
· Identify manufacturing issues (design/process/component) and drive resolution by participating on cross-functional or project teams.
· Research and resolve electro-mechanical, production assembly and/or test issues in a timely manner.
· Serve as a technical liaison with the Global Engineering Organization as applicable.
· Define critical processes, develop assembly and test procedures, train production personnel, and verify effectiveness of process and training
· Design, develop and validate test fixtures to be used in-house and at vendor sites
· Supports cross functional teams in a collaborative environment
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BS Engineering required
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· FDA/ISO/Med Device experience preferred - Strong comparable background (Military, etc) will be considered.
· 5+ years experience required