Senior Software Test Engineer
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 220009
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
• Support and provide Engineering services to the Customer Service group.
• Completes estimates for complex modules under development, and estimates System Test work packages.
• The STE is responsible for creating a technical plan, selecting the correct technical solution(s), and then implementing that plan.
• In addition to the various Engineering teams, the STE will work closely with external customers and internal business directors to take the R&D prototypes to a production-ready stage.
• Performs reviews of complex customers' standards specification and other documentation to determine engineering requirements.
• Performs presentations of complex technical test report findings and developments.
• Bachelors degree in Software Engineering is required (or equivalent experience)
• Minimum 8 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Knowledge and Responsibilities.
• Previous experience with Material Handling and Conveyor Systems is desired
• Must exhibit an understanding and willingness to utilize formal structured software engineering processes such as Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMi) Level 3
• Previous experience with the following applications is desired: MS Excel (proposals and data manipulation), MS PowerPoint, MS Word (Test Plans, Test Reports, etc.)
• Must possess good technical ability, and understand highly complex technical issues
• Good written and oral communication with the ability to motivate others to perform well
• Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary Engineering team
• Ability to periodically move test material (20 lb. maximum).
• US Citizenship or Permanent Residency required
• Up to 50% for customer meetings and integration testing at customer sites