Power System Planning Consultant
Business Unit: Digital Grid Solutions & Services
Requisition Number: 220101
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Minnetonka
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
Siemens PTI is seeking an experienced Power Systems Planning Consultant to perform advanced large-scale simulations of electrical transmission systems for clients such as transmission providers and system operators and to develop solutions for safe and reliable power system operations.
Job responsibilities will include the application of power systems planning principles, simulation and analysis of power system steady state and dynamic behavior, development of mathematical models for reliability assessment of electrical networks, and delivery of on-site technical consulting/training services. This position will specifically be responsible for analyses of power systems in North America, and the successful candidate will have demonstrated experience with these systems.
• Project execution responsibility, as per annual business targets
• Independently manage fast-paced consulting projects ranging from assessments of new generating assets to large-scale research and policy studies, often under tight timelines and budgets
• Manage client engagements and proposal generation functions to deliver consulting services, as per Siemens PTI quality standards
• Mentor new consultants in the area of power systems modeling and simulation as well as quantitative analysis
• Support the Business Development team in formulating and executing winning strategies, including promoting consulting services
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
The successful candidate should possess a Master's degree in Electrical Power Systems Engineering with at least 5-8 years of relevant experience in the electric power industry. Candidate should have in-depth knowledge of transmission system planning and operations with experience analyzing power flow, transient stability, and electromagnetic transients. Knowledge of PSS/E is a plus. Programming skills are preferred.
Other requirements and attributes:
• Strong people skills and engaging presentation and written communications skills
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Partner focused, proactive and effective within a team environment