Business Unit: Mechanical Drives
Requisition Number: 220137
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Elgin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, Flender unites the stability and process reliability of a global corporation with the customer proximity and pragmatism of a medium-sized company,
Our customers value Flender as a reliable partner and a secure investment. All of our business relationships are based on trust, responsibility and traditional business ethics. In this spirit, we are excited to join with our customers in writing the next chapter of the Flender story.
Job Description/Position Overview:
Flender is in search of a Senior Sales Applications Engineer with direct experience supporting drivetrain technologies to End Users, Solution Providers and OEMS. Prior applications engineering experience with mechanical drivetrains and gear products in the cement, mining or marine industries are required. Experience working with a distribution / sales representative network of channel partners is a strong plus.
The chosen candidate for this key role will be responsible for applying principles, theories and concepts on a wide-range of mechanical challenges. The product portfolio is primarily focused on standard mechanical drives (gearboxes), specialty mechanical drives, couplings and may additionally include geared motors, low/medium voltage motors and low/medium voltage electrical drives as incorporated in integrated drive solutions.
- Investigates and resolves complex technical problems to meet customer’s needs
- Completes technical product review/analysis in pursuit of creative and cost-effective solutions
- Prepares and presents detailed technical proposals to meet the needs of the customer and the company that are within scope: cost, time, and environmental constraints
- Provides follow-up support to disseminate complex technical information on specific applications to educate the channel and end-user on the value-add that we provide
- Supports sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and preparing initial product specifications
- Educates and collaborates with channel partners to increase product knowledge and promotion of our products and services
- Utilizes Configuration tools and SAP to create finished goods / bills of material
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers using the appropriate sense of urgency, ownership, professionalism and follow up
- Adheres to LOA requirements for quotations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Engineering.
- Direct experience supporting drivetrain technologies.
- Experience in marine, cement or mining industries.
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
- Typically 5-8 years of successful experience.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Advanced degree in Engineering.