Electronic Circuit Design Technician
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 220174
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Johnson City
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Are you ready to support the equipment, machines, and systems that safely automate our world?
As part of the hardware development team, the Hardware Engineer Technician will test, troubleshoot, analyze, implement electronic hardware solutions, and execute development tests to rigorous industry standards, plus review process and design documents for automation products. They use analytical theories and methodologies to build prototypes, create build documentation, and test Functional Safety products in the Research & Development organization reporting to the Failsafe Engineering Project Manager.
- Participates in semi-complex engineering related studies, processes, designs, inspections and/or quality audits.
- Supports the gathering, recording and maintaining engineering specific information.
- Supports the preparation of semi-complex charts, graphs and diagrams to illustrate various engineering procedures.
- Provides support with semi-complex testing and troubleshooting in a variety of engineering tasks.
- Participates in assembling semi-complex prototypes and ensures proper interaction of components.
- Participates in documenting semi-complex internal engineering procedures via simple text, charts, graphs and diagrams. Participates in semi-complex specification development or preparation.
- Identifies problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is not difficult or complex. Refers complex, unusual problems to others.
- Understand standards, specifications, and other documents in order to implement assigned tasks.
- Complete the preparation of reports and analysis of technical issues.
- Works independently and works collaboratively with colleagues to resolve complex issues.
- Implement quality and process improvements.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- AS degree Electrical Engineering Technology + 3 years of successful experience in related electronic hardware laboratory.
- Demonstrates comprehensive working knowledge of a technical or specialty area, and of operations, methods, and practices.
- Able to proficiently operate the typical electronic measurement and analysis lab equipment (for example, oscilloscope, meters, analyzers, power supplies).
- Perform testing in a development lab environment and perform software and hardware fault insertion testing.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Attention to detail, accuracy in reporting, and focused on work tasks.
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Problem solving/debugging skills.
- 5% domestic travel.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Demonstrated hardware design knowledge in Programmable Logic Controllers Input / Output devices and Central Processing Unit.
- Use and proficiency with Automation engineering system like Siemens TIA Portal is a plus- including Fundamental LAD and SCL language programming
- Familiar with IEC 61508 or ISO 13849 standards.