Security Service Technician - Minneapolis, MN
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 220192
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Shoreview
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Performs service agreement tasks and scheduled assignments to ensure that automation system is properly maintained
and operating correctly. Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours. Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components. Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action and repairs system.
• Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on Card Access, Video and Burg systems and components
according to service agreement contracts. Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
• Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time and material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion. Prices, proposes and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines.
• Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions. Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
• May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required. Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity. Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information weekly
• If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action. Works with other branch, company or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem
• Participates in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs Conducts
training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch. Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Associate's degree in Electronics or Computer networking or other related field or combination of education and
• 2+ years security system service experience. Knowledge of security systems, electrical concepts, and building
• Working engineering and programming background. Skilled in programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel. Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills.
• Field position requires travel around the Twin Cities and Western Wisconsin
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.
• Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience in Software House, Lenel, Milestone, Avigilon a plus.