Project Manager 4 (Technical-IT)
Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 220278
Primary Location: United States-California-Berkeley
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
The Project Manager will have a demonstrated ability to apply the tools, best practices and leadership skills required to deliver our internal IT infrastructure and software-based deployment projects. This person will be responsible for the planning, scheduling, licensing, tracking, coordination, monitoring, and successful deployment of advanced tools that allow our team to meet the world’s needs for medical molecular diagnostic products.
We need you to manage the implementation and life of tools such as Unigraphics NX, Team Foundation Server, Team Center, SAP modules and other key IT infrastructure within the framework of a larger global corporation.
· Leads and manages cross-functional teams required for deployment of IT systems required to support advanced product development concepts. (Note that this is an IT implementation not (typically) a software development Project Manager role).
· Must help maintain local servers and network connections.
· Management of key software availability upgrades, licensing, and ensuring its proper function. In some cases, this will require reaching out to other units in Siemens for support.
· Tracks progress against commitments for all assigned projects. Motivates and leads cross-functional, multi-site project teams. This may include members of the project team who are part of another company or companies where contractual as well as personnel management must be effectively managed to ensure project success.
· Oversees a portfolio of projects and is responsible for the quality of the delivery of scope, schedule, budget and project deliverables (quality, performance, cost, schedule, and revenue) are met within their planned tolerances or as close to target as possible.
· Must possess strong technical and leadership skills.
· Schedules and leads meetings to coordinate interdepartmental project activities required to resolve project issues.
· Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to communicate rapidly and effectively with all levels of leadership and units in the organization and to all stakeholders.
· Demonstrates excellent negotiating skills and the managing of business agreements between Siemens organizational units, the projects, solution providers, and suppliers.
· Facilitates the exchange of information between departments on a regular basis and maintains liaison with all members of the project team between project team meetings.
· Demonstrates the ability to work within a rapidly evolving Agile environment.
· Provide and coordinate coaching for the staff. Responsible for ensuring completion of all relevant documentation and training for the IT products used by personnel.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering discipline or business with appropriate experience (Master’s preferred).
· 5+ years of project management experience
· Network and server experience (Windows or Linux).
· Working knowledge of SAP deployment.
· Experience working with Lean, Agile, Kanban, and/or CCPM methodologies is highly desirable as are certifications including PMP.
· Ability to work and influence in a matrixed organization is essential.
· Strong decision making and communication skills along with the ability and confidence to plan and execute contingencies and risk mitigations.