Tech Lead ( Staff Software Engineer)
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 220388
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Position: Staff Software Engineer
Location: Flanders, NJ
This is a key position within the organization, and the ideal candidate for this position will typically have 8+ years of successful experience in software/system development. Siemens is looking for an individual who has developed and launched products used in a clinical laboratory setting. We are specifically looking for someone who has experience in OEM development of software applications for the clinical laboratory in a FDA regulated environment. Experience with Siemens CentraLink Data Management System will be strongly preferred.
Key attributes of the ideal candidate will include many of the following:
- Strong clinical laboratory domain knowledge. Strong understanding of Result management in a laboratory.
- Experience complex automation and result management workflows. Knowledge of Siemens Aptio automation and CentraLink middleware solution will be preferred.
- Ability to address complex workflows using Rules in the Data management software.
- Knowledge of LIS systems and experience in development of LIS system features will be a plus.
- Has experience with development of laboratory informatics solutions
- Experience in developing RFID based solutions. Barcode scanner and RFID label based solution experience will be a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Visual Studio, .NET, C#, WPF, Windows Forms
- Experience with OEM software development.
- Experience with Agile / Scrum development methodologies.
- Strong communication and mentoring skills.
- Demonstrated experience with medical devices and knowledge of clinical laboratory workflows is highly desired and will be considered a plus.
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or Computer Science will be preferred.