Electronics Industry Solution Manager
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 220436
Primary Location: United States-California-Fremont
Other Locations: United States-California-, United States-Oregon-, United States-Washington-
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide.
Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Manufacturing Operations
Management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
Two Solution Managers are being sought for the Electronics sector. This is a senior global individual contributor role responsible for applying deep industry knowledge to lead and direct teams of technical contributors (Presales, Services, and Software Developers).
• Understand, document and communicate key Industry processes.
• Define industry recommended/best practice for enabling processes with software applications.
• Identify, prioritize and communicate software solution requirements (gaps) through interaction with Internal and External subject matter experts.
• Define and communicate software solution business value to external audiences.
• Create and/or direct others to create process centric solution
presentations & demonstrations.
• Creating and/or directing others to create solution configuration guides (software configuration knowledge optional).
• Supporting field enablement on Industry trends, processes and solutions.
• Support solution sales within key global customers (supporting local account teams.
• Lead and manage industry and cross industry projects to define
solutions and create solution materials.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• An engineering degree (typically Mechanical or Electrical engineering).
• 10+ years of industry experience.
• Detailed knowledge of business processes and discipline specific practices with the target industry, with an emphasis in one or more of
the following areas: Product Management, Program Management, Product
• Detail knowledge of the use of PLM tools/applications within the target industry through practical experience and/or implementation (not necessarily Siemens PLM tools/applications).
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Hands on experience using PLM applications within the target industry is preferred, but not required (not necessarily Siemens PLM tools/applications).
• Experience with Design and/or IP management solutions.