Technical Support Engineer--PA
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 220569
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Harleysville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Professional will work in Siemens Instrumentation technical support department. Key responsibilities are to diagnose product related issues and troubleshoot customer symptoms to a level that exposes root-cause failure. Technical support events are to be documented using Siebel Assist software. Additionally, technical expertise will be utilized to effectively resolve product related issues as they appear in other parts of the business, i.e. production and engineering.
- Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization
- Transcribe pertinent technical support events using Siebel Assist software
- Effectively communicate technical and troubleshooting procedures via phone and email
- Provide technical support in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintain and exceed a favorable customer satisfaction level of 90%
- Expand product knowledge as new features and products become available
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- A.A. degree or equivalent technical education in related discipline.
- Typically 2-5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates of Science degree
- At least 2 years’ experience with process control applications
- Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office applications