Sr. PLM Portfolio Manager
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 220578
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
• This position will be a direct report to the Director, Product Portfolio Management who reports to the Senior Vice President and Head of Product Portfolio Management who reports directly to the CEO of Siemens PLM Software
• Portfolio Management develops a holistic view on the current and future portfolio for Siemens PLM, including identifying and defining portfolio gaps, white spaces and adjacencies
• Creates a market model for each of the Portfolio elements, that defines key parameters of growth, size, Competitive landscape for that portfolio element
• Identifies acquisition or investment candidates and conduct Make/Buy/Investment analysis selected acquisition candidates
• Recommends acquisition strategies and targets to DF PL executive management, conducts due diligence on selected targets, initiates strategic partnerships with other software vendors
• Recommends investment opportunities for Siemens’ Venture Capital group, Next47
• Researches and document strategic initiatives and recommendations for the company’s mid and long-term technological roadmap for both acquisitions and investments
• Collaborates extensively with all internal organizations including Business Segments, the CTO, Business unit executives and Division strategy and Corporate venture group, as well as with external venture funds, bankers and companies
• Manage Siemens’ Deal Book, including defining and documenting Siemens PLM’s M&A strategy mid-term and the acquisition targets for the upcoming fiscal year period;
• Coordinate with internal business segments and division strategy in Germany on determining the M&A strategy, target selection, building business models and pursuing acquisition targets.
• Lead Product Portfolio Planning by coordinating R&D, Sales, Strategy, CTO, and Finance Teams, and all business segments, in completing:
o Identification of portfolio gaps using M&A market models;
o Competitive analysis and strategy plan development;
o Build an analytical framework for internal/acquisition/partner/invest analysis;
o Lead collaboration between Product groups and Industry Strategy groups development of concept documents (M-Docs) for product and solution offerings.
• Collaborate and coordinate investment activities with Next47, Siemens Venture Capital group, including
• Prepare deal proposals in collaboration with Finance, Unit and Division Strategy/ CTO and corporate M&A functions including
o Preparation and alignment of financial valuation for standalone M&A targets, based on industry standard valuation methods, like Discounted-Cash-Flow (DCF) and Multiples;
o Determination of Sales and Cost Synergies for M&A targets based on market data, technical assessment, business model and financial situation of companies identified for acquisition; and
o Execution of Management presentation and final recommendation
• Support M&A execution carried out by Due Diligence teams composed of R&D, Sales Management, Operations, Legal, Finance, Governance, Compliance, and Logistics
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Undergraduate in Engineering (B.E. or B.S.) and Master Business Administration (MBA) from reputed institutions
• Required work experience :
o minimum 3-4 years of industry experience
o at least 2 years of experience as a product manager for enterprise software.
o finance knowledge with investment banking experience as an added plus
• Required amount of travel with the position : 5%
• Required knowledge, skills, or expertise
o Understanding of company structures, Income Statements, Balance Sheets, Cash Flows
o Ability to model relationships between product portfolio of a software company and financials to formulate successful business recommendations.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Want to know more about PLM? Watch this great video!!