Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 220727
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Livonia
Other Locations: United States-Michigan-
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
- Building of market awareness through specific lead generation program.
- Interface between technical execution team (Detroit) and regions (ES engagement, Sales & pre-sales)
- Development actions for planning and global markets.
- Define a dedicated sales and marketing program with focus on major accounts, starting from ES order intake target for MBSE/controls, and execute the plan.
- Define and coordinate awareness and lead generation program with support of corporate go to market and marketing (including seminars, presence at international conferences, etc).
- Define 3Y and 1Y business plan for MBSE/controls, in agreement with ES management.
- Anticipate market evolution, through regular survey and market intelligence (by the marketing team).
- Link with product division and local support teams to encourage capability selling.
- Targeted Business Development, deal development and deal closing.
- Visit target companies together with sales to present Engineering offer on controls and create interest for our services.
- Technical support to sales for understanding customer request: on site visits and discussion, exchange of technical information, gathering all required info to make a technical proposal, budgetary estimates of price, refine.
- Define the scope of work, develop high quality proposal, delivered on time.
- Deliver proposal to customer/engagement team and explain value.
- Iterate with local engagement team, sales and customer to get the order.
- Document the proposal pricing and promises to customers to pass to the execution team.
- Regular follow-up of projects and check of customer satisfaction – Maintain good relationships with identified key customers.
- Build roadmap with pre-defined major accounts to generate repeat business.
- Business reporting and forecasting.
- Degree : a university degree in engineering
- Experience :
- 3-5 years experience high-tech engineering business generation
- 5-10 years hands-on experience in MBSE/controls with main focus on automotive applications
- Automotive application knowledge in controls
- Broad multi-physics knowledge (hydraulics, thermal,electrical,mechanical) and the ability to translate technical questions and structure them into solutions for customers
- HIL, SIL, MIL
- Competences :
- Fluent in English
- Good presentation skills
- Self confident; good negotiation skills
- Customer oriented
- Strong interest in high tech topics
- Organization and planning
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Service minded attitude
- Strong capability to work under sharp deadlines
- Well organized, self-motivated, a fast learner