System Engineer II - Building Automation Solutions - West Sacramento CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 220763
Primary Location: United States-California-West Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
- Chooses the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost effective solution. Prepares all required submittals and schedules subsequent hand-off to operations. Handles the ordering of all required products and equipment.
- Acts as a technical resource to the Siemens team and customers as needed. Participates in sales-to-operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. May participate in initial job site walk-through with contractors and/or building management. Independently designs building automation systems for standard and/or critical environment facilities such as data centers or laboratories.
- May need to create unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements. Designs building automation systems for large and/or complex buildings consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules, and Direct Digital Control panel layouts to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
- Designs large complex building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, and third-party integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, Siemens P2 or BACNET. Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications, and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Generates DDC point database on all projects. Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager and system specialist for use in commissioning and validation. Prepares engineering re-estimate and follows up with appropriate sales and management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
- Prepares specifications and drawings for special components and panels purchased from outside suppliers. Selects proper types and sizes of company products and those from outside suppliers to meet project requirements. Prepares all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/subcontractor.
- Oversees the creation of system graphics. Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job related information. Orders and tracks all required products and materials for timely delivery on the job site. May perform some field activities as required.
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Building automation system design experience required.
- Required travel: 10%
- Other requirements:
- Must be organized and have excellent written and verbal skills in English.
Must be able to design medium to large standard jobs with some deviation using standard tools, products, or practices.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- AutoCAD experience required.
Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Other preferences:
- Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations.