Sr. Informatics Engineer
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 220774
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Cary
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
The Sr. Informatics Engineer is a key contributor in providing support and direction to the firs level support organization regarding software installation, troubleshooting, and escalation of complex incidents either remotely or through joint visits with the first level support personnel. The TSIE will provide remote second level escalation support. The SIE responds to the most difficult software and application issues; counseling the first level support personnel and customers as needed on corrective and preventive measures. The SIE participates in incident management ranging from rudimentary to highly complex problems in support of 1st level support team. The TSC is the primary liaison between headquarters support staff or business unit partners to solve technical escalations and/or product issues. The support is provided remotely or through joint visits with the first level support personnel.
The SIE must respond to the most difficult hardware and application issues counseling the first level support personnel and customers as needed on corrective and preventive measures. The TSC participates in incident management ranging from rudimentary to highly complex problems in support of 1st level support team. The SIE collaborates to help interpret and clarify technical documents for the 1st level team.
* Possess a high degree of technical expertise of designated Siemens products as evidenced by the ability to resolve highly complex issues via telephone or on site escalations.
* Gathers information, technical issues and concerns from the 1st level organization and conveys them to Headquarter Support Center (HSC) and in turn conveys technical information from HSC back to the first level, keeping abreast of current trends and increasing awareness of product improvements.
* Works collaboratively wit the 1st level partner to identify issues or problems using remote soltu9ions, knowledge base articles or other tools necessary to form a plan of action to resolve issue.
* Reviews and assesses opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness for the 1st level support organization (i.e. knowledge share sessions etc.)
* Appropriately documents all work in GSMS.
* Works in accordance with government regulations, FDE, OSHA, and Siemens Healthineers Quality Systems including all applicable training requirements and adherence to all company safety guidelines.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Education and Experience
* AA or BS in Medical Technology, electronics, or related field experience (5+years) with Informatics products.
*Must have a minimum of 3 years working knowledge of SAP and SQL
* Must have excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills (oral and written) for success in this position. Must also possess an excellent team and customer service orientation, problem solving, time management and computer proficiency skills (Word, Excel, Power Point).
* Travel required 15%
* This position requires a flexible approach in working hours and on call.
* Shift hours will be 11:30-8:00PM EST.