Project Manager 4 (Technical)
Business Unit: Strategy & Innovation
Requisition Number: 220981
Primary Location: United States-California-Berkeley
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
This person is responsible for the efficient execution of all projects and external partnerships under assigned responsibility. The external program manager is responsible for leading and supporting product development teams in the planning, scheduling, tracking, coordination, monitoring, and successful completion of new product development projects in particular as it relates to external development partners that deliver molecular diagnostic products to market.
· Leads and manages cross-functional teams and external partners representing all aspects of the entire Product Development life cycle.
· Creates and tracks budgets for the projects as appropriate. Motivates and leads cross-functional, multi-site, multi-cultural product development teams.
· Assures that all projects under responsibility are tracked and all product and project deliverables (quality, performance, cost, schedule, and revenue) are met within their planned tolerances and as close to target as possible.
· Identifies needed decisions and drives the decision-making process.
· Manages the scope, schedule, and budget of the projects.
· Schedules and leads meetings to coordinate intra and inter-organizational project activities required to resolve project issues.
· Manages and plans submissions to regulatory agencies. Interfaces with Senior Functional Managers and Business Unit leadership as needed.
· Involved with / or leads negotiation, contractual discussions and managing where required business agreements between Siemens organizational units and between the projects and suppliers, OEM partners, or Co-development partners.
· Manages project communications to all stakeholders (project teams, functional managers, internal and external customers, and senior management), including meeting minutes, monthly updates, communications meetings, and phase reviews.
· Facilitates the exchange of information between departments and external partners on a day-to-day basis and maintains liaison with all members of the internal and external project team between project team meetings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline (Master’s preferred)
· Typically 4-8 years of program management experience in the molecular diagnostic or related industry
· A proven track record in leading program management efforts to define and launch innovative products to be utilized in the healthcare industry
· Experience working with Lean, Agile and/or CCPM methodologies a plus
· A proven track record of international / cross-cultural supplier and external partner management and collaboration. Supply chain experience / supplier relationship management a plus
· Ability to work and influence in a matrixed organization is essential
· Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to communicate rapidly and effectively within the organization and to represent the company in a professional manner
· Experience working with a diverse team and diverse organization with various management hierarchies
· Ability to create a product vision and champion that vision within the organization