Engineering Specialist I - HVAC Building Automation - Detroit, MI
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 220997
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Plymouth
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Manages the execution of all projects designated as BT Works projects. Provides expertise and knowledge throughout the system or service project lifecycle. Duties include: designing, managing, tracking, start up and commissioning multiple smaller projects.
• Schedule, and manage the execution of projects designated as BT Works projects (small projects with quick turn).
• Coordinate Branch and/or personal labor to achieve BT Works project completion schedules.
• Support of invoicing and all financial aspects of BT Works projects.
• Attends pre-booking meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope.
• Analyzes plans, specifications, and contract to determine system requirements. Selects products, sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet specification requirements.
• Troubleshoots possible issues including identifying and debugging software, electrical or pneumatic and installation problems.
• Organizes and maintains the job folder and updates pertinent job related information.
• Prepares engineering re-estimate reports, minimizes variances and provides justification.
• Provides on-site assistance with or performs the programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning and validation processes. Participates in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs, completes all job closeout documentation and provides customer training.
• Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed.
• Coordinates work with subcontractors.
• May be responsible for training lower level engineers and specialists.
• Must be able to perform all tasks with minimal supervision or coaching
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· High School, GED or Technical School
· Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, HVAC concepts
· Strong knowledge of low voltage control circuits, troubleshooting principles and network communications
· Ability to read assembly drawings, prints and specifications
· Understanding of business operations.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.