Sr. Software Engineer
Business Unit: Strategy & Innovation
Requisition Number: 221074
Primary Location: United States-California-Berkeley
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
We are seeking an experienced software engineer who is active contributor with product development and writing high quality software. An ideal candidate shall own expertise and experience in software development and able to mentor other engineers on technical excellence. This position will be hands-on technical resource who is a team player, self-driven and supportive of the team.
In this position you will work with Cross functional Project Teams comprised of Software developers, applications scientists, and program managers to:
· Help drive MDX technical vision and strategy, and associated new technology adoption. Focus areas include architecting solutions based upon gathering and understanding requirements and documentation.
· Interact with implementation partners and customers to understand their needs, and feed this back to the Project teams and roadmap.
· Implement designs/implementations based on the requirements.
· Perform hands-on architecture and design across MDX components and applications.
· Drive common platform functionality – such as Operating Systems-, and consistent, best-practice application design.
· Experience with software development best practices (e.g. test-driven development, object-oriented design, code profiling, refactoring, debugging)
· Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
· Broad and deep knowledge of relevant technologies utilized today, including Windows Operating system, C#, Java, LIS environments.
· A strong computer science fundamentals and a demonstrated strong problem solving techniques
· Desktop application development experience with C# .NET, Windows Forms, WPF and WCF technologies.
· Experience working in an agile environment.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to present and discuss technical strategies, architectures and designs clearly and concisely.
· Ability to produce quality output during development through good developer testing and self-review.
· A strong history of collaborating effectively across engineering teams.
· A minimum of 5+ years of application development experience.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science is plus
· Ability to design and execute automated and manual tests for validating and verifying software applications is a plus
· Ability to create technical documentation for developed features
· Understand Medical Device Software Development environment
· Experience in a regulated environment
· Open office environment
· Global environment with multiple sites, which may require work beyond standard business hours