Service Support Specialist - Building Automation - Plymouth, MI
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 221087
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Plymouth
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Assists with routine equipment installations, trial runs and service activity (start-up, checkout and troubleshooting of terminal equipment controllers and end-devices) run to ensure that it meets specifications. Provides assistance with training customer to maintain and adjust routine equipment. Performs routine maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc. and completed required service/installation or systems paperwork. Assists with responding to routine service or systems calls. Performs routine work within technical or paraprofessional areas. Identifies problems as they occur and suggests appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is not difficult or complex. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from others.
• Assists with the routine performance of System Preparation, startup & commissioning:
· Provides assistance to the engineering group to create and/or verify point database.
· Supports the upload of point database
· Assists with the modification of graphics
· Participates with verification of point database that they are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence.
· Contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed
· Assist with the set up and configuration of PC workstations and user interfaces
· Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance:
· Runs routine reports to review system operation.
· Technical issues will be reviewed with manager and customer to decide best course of action
· Supports the assurance of customer acceptance
· Completes and submits routine written reports.
· Provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• High School, GED or Technical School
• Experience or training with HVAC installation, troubleshooting and start-up (residential or commercial) and/or electrical components (e.g. relays, communication wiring, power supplies, low voltage, etc.) preferred.
• Basic knowledge of HVAC fundamentals & concepts
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
• Understanding of business operations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.