Service Engineer- Fire and Security- Florham Park, NJ
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 221096
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global
technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation,
quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global
technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup
provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets,
the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and
Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital
Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Manages a portfolio of service agreements with full P&L responsibility. Manages the delivery of service agreements, ensuring financial performance and customer satisfaction. Works directly with customers to develop Trusted Advisor relationships, and recommends services and solutions to help them achieve better business results and expand our portfolio of offerings.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Project manager of assigned service agreement accounts, driving to a financial target, outstanding customer satisfaction and retention.
- In conjunction with Sales, develops overall account strategies to achieve the customers’ business goals, leveraging BT’s entire service & product portfolio.
- Works directly with customers to develop comprehensive, integrated service programs across all BT disciplines.
- Presents Intelligent Infrastructure Solutions (I2S,) teaching customers how to leverage the Internet of Things and digitalization to operate and maintain their buildings more efficiently.
- Manages the overall service contract delivery, ensuring customer expectations are met and issues are resolved in a timely, effective manner.
- Finalizes service agreement maintenance plans with customers; provides changes to Client Service Administrators.
- Participates in the development of a master schedule to deliver service in branches, zone and AM Digital Service Center.Leads quality assurance activities and supports the renewal process.
- Reconciles and generates service recap reports for customer meetings.
- Identifies customer needs and makes prioritized recommendations for service agreement adds, upgrades, and escalations.
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Fire Client Service Engineer – NICET level 1 required; NICET level 2 or above preferred.
- Experience in fire & sprinkler systems
- Provides technical service to customer Fire Safety systems including technical support
- Perform troubleshooting and database programming on the Customer Fire Alarm Systems.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs
- 2 – 5 years of experience in building technology industry