Director Cardiology Market Development, West
Business Unit: Advanced Therapies
Requisition Number: 221174
Primary Location: United States-California-Los Angeles
Other Locations: United States-California-San Diego, United States-Washington-Seattle
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 75%
Region - West (LA, SFO, San Diego, Seattle)
The Director of Cardiology Market Development will be responsible for developing a zone specific cardiology growth strategy such that we sustainably grow our cardiology market share, KOL/reference sites, and internal mindshare through education and customer engagement. This role will serve to help grow our sales success in close cooperation with the AT Zone Business Manager and our Zone Sales Management team, to increase our visibility and relevance in cardiology. This role will drive select strategic engagements and sales opportunities, while also driving the broader Siemens US Cardiology strategy. This position will also engage with current and future key opinion leaders and industry partners to increase our success both in the zone and nationally, as a strong solution partner.
Customer Relationship Management: Engage with our local zone and regional management and sales teams to identify key customers where Siemens success is critical, and act as primary owner of our engagement and sales strategy. Maintain and build close relationships with important accounts and key opinion leaders, and help to develop strong regional reference sites. Identify critical customer decisions, trends, and assess business implications for Siemens Cardiology Business Line. Target top cardiology projects and tactical strategies to win and grow share. Work with Director of Professional Development to develop regional Centers of Excellence and develop peer to peer training events.
Siemens and Industry Partner Engagement: Serve as primary regional contact for our industry partners and grow regional/zone based relationships to maximize impact of these partnerships for our customers and our success. Develop with our partners peer to peer training events to highlight an imaging for outcomes procedure based approach. Explore opportunities to pilot initiatives within key IDNs and/or cardiology customers that will enhance Siemens value proposition and solutions portfolio. Collaborate internally with CT and Ultrasound sales teams, driving joint strategy for pre and post sales success, and unique offer opportunities. Attend key trade shows and industry events. Structure and implement zone based clinical and procedural ongoing quarterly training events for AE’s, RVPs, PSEs. ZBMs, consisting of web based Cath conferences, one on one field rides, and regional meetings.
Business Management: Assess the strategic position and customer perception of Siemens cardiology solutions in US customer segments (example – IDNs, academic hospitals …). Assist Business Line Vice President in finalization and execution of a Cardiology Strategic Plan. Help to drive increase in market share, customer satisfaction, and market knowledge in Cardiology. Track and report regional market and sales data to gauge success of our strategy.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Strong communication, relationship management and leadership skills.
2. Requires deep knowledge of US cardiovascular market, trends, and clinical/technical needs.
3. Sales experience in Cardiology, with strong relationship networks.
4. Display high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross functional problems.
5. Results oriented to ensure achievement of the targeted profit, customer satisfaction and market share goals.
6. Ability to drive a strategic plan, having an impact to implement necessary changes with internal and external partners involved.
8. 10 years of Healthcare experience in the field of customer relationship or business management.
9. Bachelor’s degree.
10. Required travel: 50%.
11. Must live in the territory/zone.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. 15 years of Healthcare experience in the field of customer relationship or business management.
2. Existing relationships with cardiology key opinion leaders is desired.
3. Prior sales and KOL development experience is desired.