MindSphere Software Engineer - Siemens PLM - Plano, TX
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 221207
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Plano
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
Mindsphere Software Engineer – Plano, TX
Come join our startup culture and participate in designing, developing and delivering the next generation of Solutions on MindSphere…
We are seeking passionate and enthusiastic Software Engineers to join our Siemens PLM MindSphere Team. You will have the unique opportunity to work on the world’s largest IoT platform – MindSphere using cloud technologies (AWS / Azure).
You will be part of a highly innovative fast-paced development team, delivering commercial solutions targeted towards Holistic Digitalization, with analytics to help improve Resource Efficiency, Productivity & Sustainability. The solutions will be based on MindSphere Platform, MindApps and other applications as needed.
Learn More about Mindsphere and catch the excitement click on the video below!
• Work with cross-functional teams and stake holders to develop products and solutions.
• Design, develop and test software solutions based on requirements and architectural /design guidelines with high quality.
• Adopt and leverage best practices for development, testing and deployment.
• Contribute towards development of Test framework and implement unit/automation/ integration tests.
• Contribute to the automated CI/CD development and implementation.
• Maintenance of features/ functionalities.
• Ensure solution addresses security requirements of product.
• Ensure integration and submission of solution into software configuration management system, within committed delivery timelines.
• Continuous learning and growing.
• Work in the office as part of a co-located Agile team.
CANDIDATES TO RESIDE IN THE GREATER DALLAS, TEXAS AREA (No relocation allowance offered.)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Required education –
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other STEM discipline supplemented with real world programming experience.
• Required technical experience - 1+ Software Development and Design Engineering Experience using:
Object-Oriented Design and Coding skills (Java and/or C++ on a UNIX or Linux / Windows
Software development back ground including data structures and Automated Test Driven Development (TDD).
• Required knowledge, skills, or expertise
Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment.
Self-Directed, High Energy and desire to innovate.
Strong analytical skills and problem solving capabilities.
Ability to learn / dive into the technology trends and to explore them in practice to implement PoC.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• AWS, Azure or Cloud Based Solutions (Basic Architecture Best Practices)
• Agile Processes
• Experience working with unit Testing Frameworks like JUnit, Selenium, or Mockito.
• Knowledge/Experience in IoT and Big Data & Analytics.
• Experience in Hadoop and Micro Services.
• AWS Certification