Procurement Spec 2
Business Unit: Point of Care
Requisition Number: 221211
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Elkhart
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Job Title: Procurement Specialist 2
Job Family Specific Responsibilities: Provides a wide variety of Purchasing, Planning and Manufacturing cross functional support relating to purchasing, supply planning, supplier liaison, quality and negotiations. Additionally, strong purchase order placement, order tracking skills and follow through. Successfully manages aspects of the planning function and inventory to ensure that organizational goals are met. Communicates risks and recommends corrective action.
Key Responsibilities: Preempts potential problems and provides effective solutions to problems. Acts proactively and applies purchasing concepts, techniques, knowledge, and processes to solve problems. Detect potential problems and anticipate solutions.
Demonstrated leadership including listing below:
• Oversees new purchase orders placement in SAP. Communicates with vendors confirming and expediting orders. MRP experience.
• Resolves Goods Receipt/Invoice issues in SAP.
• Assures goods are received correctly from suppliers.
• Communicates with shipping and receiving concerning product receiving. Maintains supplier relationships.
• Meets On Time Supply Delivery – over 96%.
• Leverages raw material inventory and planning improvements.
• Leads and works effectively across functional groups in warehousing, quality assurance, technical operations and the Organic Chemistry Group.
• Contract review experience for successful business outcomes.
• Demonstrated experience with supplier quality audits.
Knowledge: Purchasing and Planning. SAP systems understanding. Microsoft Office.
Experience: 2 - 5 years experience in Purchasing and Inventory control.
Direction of Others: Works well within Materials Group as functional supporting lead for scheduling, manufacturing order management and purchasing order maintenance and customer/supplier communication.