Light Rail Field Service Manager
Business Unit: Urban Transport
Requisition Number: 221416
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The ideal candidate must have a solid technical understanding of Light Rail Vehicles in order to lead their team through the commissioning and warranty phases of OEM contracts. The goal of the position is to ensure that the when our cutting edge locomotives or coaches are delivered to a customer that a team is in place to effectively deliver the equipment to the customer, starting at the commissioning phase through the end of the warranty. The position has the full support of the Field Service Department along with the rest of the Siemens Rolling Stock business to execute this mission.
- Employee relations including; employee motivation, effective two way communication and engagement
- Performance Management; monitor and take action to maintain performance levels
- Resource Management; plan to meet team resource needs and recruit and induct employees
- Schedule Management; collaborating on and executing schedules for commissioning, repair and modification activity.
- Reliability Management; collaboration with the Field Service Reliability team to maximize the reliability of the vehicles in service.
- Customer Engagement; main point of contact to the customers, internal and external, to communicate status, plans forward, and problem resolution.
- Safety; demonstrate role model behavior that promotes a zero harm culture.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience.
· A minimum of 5 years of successful experience commissioning Light Rail Vehicles
· Must have excellent communication skills.