Electronics Engineering Intern
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 221422
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Rockford
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Siemens Healthineers Molecular Imaging, a $1 Billion Business Unit within Siemens Medical Solutions US, has an opening for an Electrical Engineer at our Rockford, TN location. We are a high-technology business leading the change towards personalized medicine. The selected candidate will join the Detector Center Research & Development department, responsible for the development and lifecycle of the current product and next generation of Molecular Imaging PET Detectors. The selected co-op student will have the opportunity to support detector concepts deployed in future detectors for medical imaging devices within the Molecular Imaging Detector Center Research & Development Team.
Successful candidate will possess a solid understanding of electrical engineering principles, analog design practices and be capable of translating functional requirements into efficient working designs and test. Successful candidate will be required to be a hands on engineer. Candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to work independently, yet collaboratively, in multidisciplinary team environment.
Education: Pursuing an advanced degree relating to Electronics Engineering or Computer Science Engineering
· Analog electronics design and test
· Conducting physics experiments and data analysis, nuclear physics (preferred)
· Basic knowledge of photosensors
· NIM electronics for data acquisition (preferred)
· MATLAB (required)
- Circuit design (schematic) and SPICE simulation (required)
- Prototype circuits hand-on evaluation and functions optimization (required)
- Circuit analytical analysis (preferred)- LabVIEW (preferred)
· Proficient in design documentation including design specifications, concept records, minutes of reviews, test reports, etc.
· Presenting data to the scientific staff and creating a written report.
· Ability to participate/ present during design reviews and project status meetings.
· Experience in project/task scheduling for identifying tasks, estimating durations, tracking task progress, etc.
Other Skills: Attention to detail in completing work tasks.
· Strong organizational and analytical skills.
· Ability to manage one's own time in order to meet deadlines.
Duration: Summer - Fall 218