Field Technician II - Fire Solutions - Hayward CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 221462
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Verifies software and all points in the database; creates/reviews job -programming via computer for various systems.
Creates and uploads point database.
Backs up data from data servers.
Troubleshoots and resolves inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations.
Contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support when needed; drives issues to resolution.
Sets up and configures PC workstations and user-interfaces.
Works with customers on their integrated networks to resolve communications problems.
Managers Operational Testing, Verification, and Acceptance/ Final Testing.
Runs reports to analyze system operation.
Works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (e.g. Commissioning Agents or test-and-balance contractors).
Trains customers on system operations.
Completes and submits written reports.
Provides Plans and Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 5%
- Required experience: Two years of engineering/service experience working with Fire & Life Safety Systems—including knowledge of integration, networks, electrical concepts, and building operations, as well as the programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting of related systems.
- Other requirements:
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other service related tools.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree.