System Engineer II - Fire Service and Solutions - Hayward CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 221476
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is seeking a Systems Engineer to support our Fire Service and Solutions team in Hayward, CA. This office-based role designs Life Safety Systems (focusing on fire alarms) utilizing company products to meet requirements of the local authorities and company, UL, and NFPA Standards and Guidelines.
- Designs fire detection systems and verifies documentation produced by a Drafter.
- Verifies the sales estimate for equipment requirements and system design and configuration.
- Verifies all labor and equipment costs associated with system projects prepared in the branch.
- Ensures the implementation and utilization of the Engineering Best Practices.
- Develops drawings, wiring diagrams, operating instructions, system programming, sequence of operations, and assembly or installation instruction for the installation and commissioning of systems.
- Ensures technical accuracy, content, assembly, and coordination of technical submittals to architects, engineers, and authorities having jurisdiction. Maintains records relating to the design, installation, programming, and commissioning of the systems designed.
- Provides technical support to field technicians in solving technical, programming, mechanical, or other problems relating to the commissioning of Life Safety systems.
- Maintains library of technical information and other related data pertaining to all fire codes and standards, other local codes, and all systems available to the branch.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Two years of experience in the design, installation and/or maintenance of Fire Safety Products.
- Required travel: 5%
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Word, Excel and Outlook software programs.
- Understands process of construction projects and the requirements to document all changes or deviations to specifications.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Other preferences:
- NICET 2 Fire Alarm Certification