Senior Strategy Manager / Strategic Marketing Manager - Building Technologies - Buffalo Grove, IL
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 221486
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Sr. Strategy Manager / Strategic Marketing Manager
Siemens Building Technologies has an exciting opportunity for a highly strategic, growth-oriented and innovative leader to join their BT Strategy team. We are looking for a highly motivated Sr. Strategy Manager to lead strategy development initiatives, growth programs, and competitive assessments, and identify innovations for the Siemens Building Technologies Division Americas.
This position will focus on the creation and execution of strategic programs to support the Siemens automation and digitalization strategy for Building Automation, Fire and Security Solutions & Service in a B2B context targeting customers across several key verticals and geographies.
· Lead the development and execution of strategy projects.
· Analyze market, industry, and technology trends; identify relevant threats and opportunities
· Recommend actionable strategies based on market insights and research data; Create strategies and business plans alongside leadership team and portfolio leads
· Lead, develop and execute new concepts, business models, channels and partners to position business as innovator and leader
· Build continuous thought leadership with successful disbursement through entire organization
· Collaborate with entire organization to develop strategic partnership activities
· Create actionable competitor analysis and derive strategies
· Lead innovation programs
· Supports M&A due diligence projects
· Monitor and report on effectiveness of strategies, programs, and initiatives.
· Acts a trusted advisor for Top Management, in all strategic aspects, in order to identify and follow up on future business opportunities
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor's degree(s) or equivalent experience in both technical and business field
· MBA preferred
· 7 years+ of combined experience in technology, strategy, consulting
· Unique blend of business and technology; previous experience in the field of SmartBuildings, or other controls/automation industry as well as IT / SaaS /analytics / big data /remote service technology preferred
· Highly skilled at synthesizing large sets of data in order to drive compelling strategies and business cases
· Track record of delivering business results as an outcome of identifying market opportunities and implementing related strategies and business plans
· Excellent leadership skills: ability to lead and influence at various levels and functions of the organization through strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality; highly creative
· Experience with recommending and applying Innovation frameworks/concepts
· Adept at managing and executing complex primary and secondary research projects
· Ability to work in fast-paced matrix environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines - Strives under pressure and in a changing environment
· Track record in strategic marketing discipline and strategy development
· Excellent verbal /written communication skills.
Reports to the Head of Strategy, and interacts with the senior leadership team. Interface to global project teams.