Business Developer - Mobile Mining
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 221500
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Business Developer Role for Mobile Mining
“As the mining market rebounds, will you help us outpace the market?
The Business Developer will be a critical part of growing volume and building customer relationships within our Siemens Mobile Mining Business in Alpharetta, GA. The Business Developer will be responsible for driving business within a group of named accounts and developing a plan to target and capture new accounts in the North American Market. Candidates must be self-motivated and possess the experience and knowledge to work highly independently.
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of direct experience working with external customers and generating sales. Expertise and background in the mining industry and/or in drives systems (i.e. motors and inverters) is also highly desirable. This position reports to the Sub-segment Manager for Mobile Mining in the United States and is responsible for coverage of original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in the Mobile Mining Industry across the North American market.
The Business Developer will use entrepreneurial skills to build business opportunities for Siemens within Mobile Mining. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Driving sales by analyzing the market, identifying account opportunities and most importantly – demand creation
Strengthening relationships with the existing customer base and identifying new customers and building relationships
Uncovering and understanding the primary business goals, operations, challenges, requirements, and organization of the customer base. Developing sponsorship with key decision-makers
Assisting in the development, implementation and execution of an overall Mobile Mining industry market growth plan.
Achieving volume business targets, including e.g.: order intake, opportunity pipeline and account penetration in the industry
- Participating in customer-facing meetings to align strategies and determine business and technical requirements that will be used in developing solutions or solution alternatives
- Working with product management and engineers to define requirements for customer demonstrations and promoting product features and benefits
- Presenting proposed solutions directly to customers and explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operational improvements
- Preparing and delivering technical and commercial portions for sales proposals, analysis, and design architectural overviews for existing and potential customers
- Conducting market and competitor analysis
- Developing quotation and cost estimates by reviewing RFPs, studying technology platforms, drawings, and related customer documents; consulting with engineers, other professional and technical personnel, and suppliers
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years’ experience with Motors and / or Drives
- Must have good working knowledge of either Motors or Drives but preferably would have both. Practically speaking, the individual needs to be able to read specifications and provide guidance to the customer on the technical solution required
- Must be comfortable with external customers and have polished communication skills to present and interface effectively with them
- Demonstrated track record in sales or marketing
- Must be highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial
- Excellent teamwork skills to quickly establish strong working relationships with customers and across Siemens
- Product/process knowledge
- Technical understanding
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- This position requires up to 20% travel
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Experience with the mining industry
Established network with customers and original equipment manufacturers in the mining industry
Understanding of mining industry processes, applications, business drivers, trends and issues
Experience and strong skill sets in business development, marketing, strategy, business leadership, and technical skills
Engineering degree preferred
Experience working on international teams or in an international environment