Entry Level Software Developer Cloud - SW House
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 221631
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Non Degree Program
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
As a Software Developer at Siemens Building Technologies, you will participate within interdisciplinary teams to enhance and develop products for the commercial HVAC market. You will be responsible for developing software products to satisfy customer needs. With our cloud development team you have the opportunity to work of the digitalization products of the future to enable smart buildings.
* Designing, implementing, testing, troubleshooting, and enhancing software applications for building automation components and sub-systems based on instructions from senior engineers.
* Develop and run automated tests for verifying sub-system application functionality using an appropriate language or platform.
* Create and review technical documentation for internal process and external customer support.
* Collaborate with Sr Engineers to understand market requirements to implement product designs.
* Review and understand software methodologies for product design and model documentation.
* Collaborate in international, multi-site development in an agile environment.
* Comply with documented Siemens development processes.
* Basic understanding of quality attributes and their impact on SW sub-systems, design, and development.
* Participate in design alternatives via prototyping, peer programming and expert reviews.
* Passionate and self-motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve and develop skills to stay current with technology.
* Participate in resolution of field problems in application of existing products.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Bachelor degree in related discipline or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 0-3 years of experience preferable
* Solid knowledge in at least one major programming language and computing platform (e.g. C#/.NET, C++, Java/J2EE).
* Practitioner of state of the art development practices for software documentation and test-driven designs.
* Strong focus to deliver quality in every work aspect, utilizing tools to monitor, analyze and enhance software code base.
* Hands-on experience with state of the art source code control and application lifecycle management systems (e.g. IBM Jazz RTC, Git).
* Proven experience applying and thorough understanding of software design patterns and principles.
* Practical experience with software design languages, models, and diagrams (e.g. UML).
* Basic understanding of agile development approaches
* Works well in teams and on individual assignments.
* Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
Candidates must be legally allowed to work in the US