Service Specialist II - Building Automation Service - Cypress CA
Business Unit: Customer Services DF & PD
Requisition Number: 221640
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
- Executes the technical support program task as scheduled.
- Performs preventive maintenance and diagnostics on automation systems and components as outlined in the technical support program.
- Responds to emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
- Tests and verifies system readings ensuring optimal system operation.
- Identifies additional chargeable opportunities (T&M) including system upgrades and service contract expiration.
- Performs system checkout and assists in automation system startups for service installed projects.
- May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractors at job site as required.
- Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information daily / weekly.
- If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
- Works with other branch, company, or external service providers/vendors to arrange service and to resolve problems.
- Participates in final job site walk through and/or completion of construction to service turnover on assigned projects.
- Conducts training for customers on site or at the branch.
- Provides technical support, coaching, and direction to end users and field labor when applicable.
Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
Required travel: 10%
Required experience: Experience as an electro-mechanical technician in an industry that will allow someone to be successful in a building automation service specialist role.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
Preferred education: Associate's Degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other related field preferred.
Preferred experience: Five years in a related technician role; candidates with automation experience will receive priority.
Computer networking experience highly desirable.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.