Technical Product Manager - Electro-mechanical Solutions
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 221644
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-Huntsville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
The Technical Product Manager will be responsible for defining the requirements for the Solid Edge Electrical/Electronic Portfolio products. The TPM will working closely with customers, field engineers, Business Development, Marketing and Development teams to gather and prioritize requirements for product definition. The TPM will also be responsible for educating the customers and field on product capabilities. The position is on the Solid Edge Product Planning and Design team, part of Mainstream Engineering within Siemens.
- Use your background in general engineering and use of electrical, electronic or mechanical design software, to research and define requirements for functional aspects of products in the Solid Edge Portfolio.
- Work with existing and prospective customers to understand and address their needs and productivity goals.
- Work with product development teams and partners to solve complex technical issues and product improvements that can surpass competitive products in the area of design automation.
- This is an individual contributor role.
- In this role, you will need creative and analytic thinking skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, and an aptitude to relate to customers and users.
- Have the ability to act as a thought leader and influence others without direct authority will be required.
- Candidate should possess a positive and energetic attitude with the ability to simultaneously work on multiple complex projects and to effectively communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Qualified candidates will possess a bachelor's degree in Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering, or a degree in technology with equivalent work experience.
- Working knowledge of the Windows operating system, Microsoft Office products is required.
- Five plus years of relevant industry experience including use of Electrical (wiring, harness design) or Electronic (EDA, PCB design) software products is necessary. Examples are products from companies such as Mentor Graphics, Altium, Zuken, Synopsys, Cadence etc. Application Engineering experience with these companies would be an advantage.
- Experience with electro-mechanical product integration and mechanical design applications such as Solid Edge, NX, Solidworks or Creo is a bonus.
- Knowledge of software lifecycle methods or experience working on an Agile/Scrum team is a plus.