Control Room Operator
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 221657
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
CRO's must be technically competent and comfortable with computers and able to work calmly during stressful times while maintaining a pleasant and efficient demeanor.
CRO will staff the BHS Control Room and:
- Alert Siemens maintenance personnel through radio communication of faults or failures and dispatch them to the appropriate location.
- Maintain BHS Call Logs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Monitor and adjust line balancing.
- Monitor laser array statistics.
- Monitor and prepare statistical reports.
- Make BHS operational decisions, initiating and coordinating implementation of any backup/fallback procedures necessary to allow continued operations.
- Function as a central communication point for all things BHS related.
- Interface with the user airlines and airport personnel as necessary.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.