Engineering Specialist I - Building Automation / HVAC Controls - Louisville, KY
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 221764
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Louisville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
· Completes complex drawings to suit engineering changes and initiates engineering changes. Completes the creation of complex design layouts and detail drawings of complex products.
· Performs compilation of materials and specification sheets. Performs dimensions/specification determination necessary on complex drawings for effective manufacturing.
· Performs the designs of cost-effective complex products with adherence to applicable industry and customer standards/specifications. Completes complex investigations related to product design and maintenance.
· Performs review of complex engineering drawings and supporting documents for adherence to drafting standards.
· Completes planning test programs. Selects material based on application; may coordinate procurement.
· Provides expertise and knowledge throughout the system or service project lifecycle. Duties include: estimating, designing, tracking, start up and commissioning jobs of larger revenue and/ or multiple projects requiring greater planning and technical expertise than the next lower level position.
· Attends pre-booking meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope. Analyzes plans, specifications, and contract to determine system requirements. Selects products, sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet specification requirements.
· Designs building automation systems consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules, DDC panel layouts to meet the intent of the based on project plans, specifications and contract documents.
· Designs building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, third party integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, Siemens P2 or BACNET. Creates automation system database and job related programming for computer-based building control systems. Establishes special calibration instructions on selected equipment.
· Oversees the creation of system graphics. Troubleshoots possible issues including identifying and debugging software, electrical or pneumatic and installation problems. Organizes and maintains the job folder and updates pertinent job related information. Prepares engineering re-estimate reports, minimizes variances and justifies.
· Provides on-site assistance with or performs the programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning and validation processes. Participates in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs, completes all job closeout documentation and provides customer training. Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed.
· Coordinates work with subcontractors. (Senior) May be responsible for training lower level engineers and specialists. Must be able to perform all tasks with minimal supervision or coaching.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Associate's degree in Electronics or other related technical field
· Previous experience with HVAC Controls or Building Automation Controls.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.