Lead Software Developer Cloud SW House
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 221776
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
As a Software Developer at Siemens Building Technologies, you will participate within interdisciplinary teams to enhance and develop products for the commercial HVAC market. You will be responsible for developing software products to satisfy customer needs. This position is searching for a lead software developer for AWS based cloud development for individuals skilled with .NET Core, Java, Angular, Docker and related technologies.
- Expert in systems design, implementation, testing, troubleshooting, and enhancing software applications for large-scale, complex building automation systems.
- Design and develop automated tests for verifying complex system application functionality using an appropriate language or platform.
- Create and review technical documentation for internal process and external customer support.
- Collaborate with product marketing to understand and elaborate market requirements to propose or implement product designs.
- Create and direct software methodologies for product design and model documentation.
- Collaborate and lead in international, multi-site development in an agile environment.
- Define and comply with documented Siemens development processes.
- Expert understanding of quality attributes and their impact on SW product systems, design, and development.
- Lead and contribute to design alternatives via prototyping, peer programming and expert reviews.
- Passionate and self-motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve and develop skills to stay current with and investigate technology trends.
- Participate in resolution of field problems in application of existing products based on thorough system impact analysis.
- Define and ensure that secure coding practices are implemented i all aspects of the system.
- Mentor Junior level software development team members.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor degree in related discipline or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Typically 8+ years experience.
- Advanced knowledge in multiple major programming languages and computing platforms (e.g. C#/.NET, C++, Java/J2EE).
- Practitioner of state of the art practices for software documentation and test-driven designs.
- Strong focus to deliver quality in every work aspect, utilizing tools to monitor, analyze and enhance software code base.
- Hands-on experience with state of the art source code control and application lifecycle management systems (e.g. IBM Jazz RTC, Git).
- Proven experience applying software design patterns and principles.
- Practical experience with software design languages, models, and diagrams (e.g. UML).
- Experienced practitioner in agile development approaches with clear understanding and proactive execution for personal responsibilities.
- Able to provide reliable estimates to tasks and project scopes.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience in complex systems.
- Cultural sensitivity and experience working with global teams.
- Advanced knowledge of virtualization technologies and platforms.
- Power user knowledge of modern operating systems and IT networks/infrastructure.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.