HVAC Controls Technician I
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 221783
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Attends pre-booking and sales-to-operations turnover meetings to evaluate the accuracy of sales estimate and job layout. Reviews plans, specifications, and contract documents to determine project requirements.
• Troubleshoots installation issues including: identifying and debugging software, diagnosing electrical or pneumatic issues and investigating communication issues across a network.
• Prepares database and job related programming for computer-based systems.
• Provides on-site assistance or performs the installation and start-up, checkout and turnover process.
• Organizes and maintains the job folder and updates pertinent project information per the Siemens branch standard.
• Participates in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs and completes all job closeout documentation.
• Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed.
• Coordinates work with subcontractors and direct with customers.
• May be responsible for training and or overseeing lower level specialists on assigned projects.
• High School or Board of Education approved GED.
• 1+ years experience working with a building automation controls (DDC controls) system (Johnson Controls Metasys, Alerton, Tracer Summit, etc)
• Knowledge of engineering fundamentals, HVAC concepts, business operations, and project financial reports.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external personnel such as engineers, project managers, subcontractors, and customers both verbally and in written form.
• Past experience with integration of building automation systems (device, energy monitor, frequency drive, etc).
• Ability to read mechanical drawings and specifications
• Must be able to perform physical activities including; lifting, carrying, climbing ladders, climbing stairs. Candidates will also need to adhere to safety guideline and requirements as established by company policies and practices.
• This branch serves the greater Houston area; other area branches in the zone will need to be supported from time to time and will require travel.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Previous experience with AutoCAD and common HVAC communication protocols (BACnet, Modbus, LON, etc.) is a plus