Train Control and Monitoring System Engineer
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 221840
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
The Train Control and Monitoring System Engineer:
- Interprets all customer requirements functions and translate them into software requirements logic.
- Centralizes and integrates all vehicle health status and faults logic to display a customer friendly interface for the train vehicle's engineer and maintenance operator.
Write functional specifications for the Train Control and Monitoring System
- Interface with all vehicle sub-systems system engineers.
- Interface with the software engineers to cascade the customer requirements into detailed functional requirements
- Present the system functionalities to customers during design reviews
- Able to convert requirements into logic diagrams, and into software logic functions
- Integrate all monitoring functions into the system in compliance with the customer specification
- Support testers and commissioning technicians on-site to troubleshoot and to resolve software related engineering issues
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Understand the vehicle logic schematics and trainlines logic
- 5 years of experience in Train Control And Monitoring Systems
- Good knowledge of IEEE 1473 or expertise in train network topology
- System Engineering experience in design
- On-Site experience of fault finding and troubleshooting.
- 15% travel
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering
- >5 years of experience in Rail Industry
- Control and Monitoring System Network
- Knowledge of IEEE 1473, 802.3, 802.11 and 1558
- On-site troubleshooting experience
- Qualifications/performance test experience
- Programming experience