Passenger Locomotive Field Service Technician
Business Unit: Urban Transport
Requisition Number: 221856
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The ideal candidate must have a solid technical understanding of Locomotives, ideally passenger locomotives, in order to lead their small team of technical personnel as we support new diesel electric locomotives during commissioning and warranty. The Field Service Technician will be the main customer contact for technical issues that arise during the commissioning or warranty, and will be supported in this role by a team of Engineers, Project Managers, Material Coordinators, and fellow Field Service Technicians working on the same locomotives throughout the United Sates.
- Troubleshoot and repair next generation diesel locomotives.
- Support customer in daily locomotive status and planning for modifications and fleet issues
- Maintain communication with field management and project management/customer
- Responsible for tracking and driving of failed equipment and replenishment of spare customer material.
- Assigning of daily tasks for team members.
- Address customer concerns directly onsite.
- Feedback customer concerns to the appropriate internal teams.
- Maintaining a safe working environment
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associate’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Minimum 5 years experience in relevant field
- Must be proficient in electrical, pneumatic, mechanical troubleshooting
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
- Must possess proven skills with all Microsoft Office (including Excel/Word/Access/PowerPoint) products
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Knowledge of Railroad Regulatory requirements