Heavy Rail Warranty Manager
Business Unit: Urban Transport
Requisition Number: 221900
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Heavy Rail Warranty Manager will be the overall responsible person for managing the warranty responsibilities on Passenger Locomotive and Coach Contracts. The Warranty Manager will take the lead position in discussions with customers and suppliers in reviewing warranty performance, material reconciliation, and reliability improvement measures. The Heavy Rail Warranty Manager will be supported in this role by Engineering, Reliability, and Logistics departments.
- Responsible for managing contractual commitments with customers.
- Approve or deny customer warranty claims and communication.
- Manage vendor and customer warranty disputes to achieve resolution.
- Oversee warranty and supplier recovery process.
- Manage and review monthly warranty reporting.
- Experience and ability to coordinate, oversee, and implement modification campaigns.
- Work with historical data to determine warranty material stocks for current and future contracts.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associate’s degree in an engineering or business discipline
- Minimum 5 years experience in relevant field
- Must possess proven skills with all Microsoft Office (including Excel/Word/Access/PowerPoint) products
- Knowledge of JDE operating system
- Experience with warranty specifications and warranty agreements with suppliers and customers
- Skill in problem solving
- Negotiation skills
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to focus on detail and quality of our product
- Ability to work cohesively with employees at all levels, customers, and suppliers