Senior Controller - Energy Finance
Business Unit: Energy Finance
Requisition Number: 221914
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Other Locations: United States-Massachusetts-Boston, United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Financial Services, Inc. is the U.S. arm of the global Financial Services division of Siemens, (SFS), an international provider of business-to-business financial solutions. SFS helps facilitate investments, providing commercial finance, project and structured finance with specific asset expertise in the energy, healthcare, industry, and infrastructure markets. SFS supports Siemens as well as other companies with their capital needs and acts as an expert manager of financial risks within the Siemens Company. Leveraging its financing expertise and industrial know-how creates value for customers and helps them strengthen their competitiveness. As of September, 30, 2014, the total, global SFS assets amount to $27.9 billion.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/financial-services.htm
Are you a high performing professional with an interest in Energy Finance?
We have an extraordinary Performance Controller / Business Administration (BA) opportunity where you will be responsible for all business administration aspects of the growing equity portfolio of the Business Unit, in close partnership with the BU’s equity team and global performance controller.
You will work closely with the EF EQ BA team while preparing budget and forecast (incl. analysis and management commentary) for the equity segment.
You will also have ownership of all business administration aspects in the due diligence phase for new equity investments and divestment (incl. IFRS and US GAAP accounting concepts). You will collaborate with the accounting teams to develop and ensure accurate and timely booking entries for the equity portfolio.
- Provide support to the Head of Equity, Head of BA and other Sr. Managers related to the assigned portfolio. This includes financial / operational support and financial reviews related to the budget and forecast, support during due diligence phase and as needed
- Conduct due diligence related to all business administration and accounting topics for new equity investments, including accounting diligence, financial model review and analysis of material differences between US GAAP and IFRS.
- Be an outstanding partner to third party advisors as needed.
- Prepare timely and accurately, Annual Budgets / Monthly Forecasts for the assigned portfolio. This includes detailed analysis of fluctuations and variances as compared to the actual results or previous forecasts. It also includes the data entry into the HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) reporting tool.
- Analyze and monitor the Operating Expenses (SG&A) for the respective business unit. Provide an over/under report to Head of equity.
- Develop and monitor financial / operational metrics to measure the business segment’s profitability and efficiency. Communicate to management recommended solutions for problem areas.
- Maintain and update planning models, tools and processes to reflect current and future changes to the business as new information is acquired.
- Actively interact with respective Portfolio Accountant, other segment BA, risk and origination teams and exchange information about the expected results as compared to the actual results.
- Review and update procedures and controls (SOA/ICS) as it pertains to the related portfolio and area of responsibility.
- B.S. / B.A. in Accounting or Finance, CPA and/or MBA preferable but not required.
- At 10 years of accounting/finance experience
- Advisory experience within Big 4 Audit firm preferred
- Experience supporting private equity investments for energy projects, asset valuation or accounting due diligence preferred
- Strong working knowledge in accounting, both US GAAP and IFRS.
- Other skills and abilities: Ideally have an experience or knowledge of MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook). SAP General Ledger & Hyperion (HFM) knowledge is a plus.